Got a Review Request?
Lover Reborn was an auto-buy for me. How could it not be? It’s book 10 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, one of my absolute favorite, and it tells the story of Tohrment, the once proud leader of the Brotherhood who is now a shadow of himself. I couldn’t put it down, glued to the pages from word one. As always, JR Ward had some of the most amazing lines and these are 13 of my favorite quotes.
1. “Our future has come.”
2. “Maybe all the chicky-chicky was just triggering my inner bitch for no good reason.”
3. “You know, I never thought there was an advantage to being blind. Or deaf. Or mute.”
4. “Text me when you want to see me again, he signed. I’m giving you your space, but know this: I will wait forever for you.”
5. “And if that bastard’s innocent,” Rhage spoke up, “I’m the fucking Easter bunny.”
“Oh, good,” someone quipped. “I’m calling you Hop-along Hollywood from now on.”
“Beasty Bo Peep,” somebody else threw out.
“We could put you in a Cadbury ad and finally make some money—”
“People,” Rhage barked, “the point is that he is not innocent and I’m notthe Easter bunny—”
“Where’s your basket?”
“Can I play with your eggs?”
“Hop it out, big guy—”
“Will you guys fuck off ? Seriously!”
6. “And love … love was worth dying for.
Worth living for, too.”
7. “My name’s Lassiter, and I’ll tell you all you need to know about me. I’m an angel first and a sinner second, and I’m not here for long. I’ll never hurt you, but I’m prepared to make you pretty goddamn uncomfortable if I have to, to get my job done. I like sunsets and long walks on the beach, but my perfect female no longer exists. Oh, and my favorite hobby is annoying the shit out of people. Guess I’m just bred to want to get a rise out of folks—probably the whole resurrection thing.”
8. “You almost died tonight, he wanted to say. You dumb son of a bitch, you nearly died … and then what would we have done?
And not ‘we’ as in the Brotherhood.
Not even ‘we’ as in he and John.
More like … ‘me’.”
9. “From one king to another, know that I’m giving you the middle finger right now.” And he was, with a smile.”
10. “In the center was a tiny handprint in red paint.”
11. “Uh-huh, uh-huh, ohhhh, yeeeeeeeaaaah, who’s your daddy…”
12. “I am not worthy.” he said softly.
“Damn fucking straight,” someone growled.”
13. “Courtesy of their tempers, both were now dressed in the Captain Asshole costume—which included, for no extra charge, the cape of disgrace, the booties of shame, and keys to the Fuck Up mobile.”
And because this book was just THAT GOOD, you get more than 13 today.
14. His slut of a cousin, his cocksucking, suit-wearing, Montblanc-up-the-ass cousin Saxton the Magnificent, was standing next to the queen, looking like a combination of Cary Grant and some model in a goddamn cologne ad.
Not that Qhuinn was bitter.
Because the guy was sharing Blay’s bed.
Nope. Not at all.
With a wince, he thought maybe he should switch that insult to something a little farther away from what the two of them …
God, he couldn’t even go there. Not if he wanted to breathe.”
15. “When order in study was finally reestablished, Wrath looked downright nasty. “Next one of you mouthy assholes makes me pound my desk again, I’m throwing you the fuck out.” On that note, he reached down, picked up the cowering ninety-pounds retriever, and settled George in his lap. “You’re freaking out my dog and it’s pissing me off.”
16. “No one got forever. And it was a fucking crime to waste what you were given. “
Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been unrecognizable from the vampire leader he once was. Physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair, he has been brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel. Now, fighting once again with ruthless vengeance, he is unprepared to face a new kind of tragedy.
When Tohr begins to see his beloved in his dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld far from the peace and tranquility of the Fade—he turns to the angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. But because Lassiter tells him he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed….
Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past and a very hot, passion-filled future…but can his heart let go and set all of them free?
- Sold by: Penguin Publishing
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006LU0GYS
- Barnes & Noble
- JR Ward website
It’s that time again! Dewey’s 24 hour Read-a-Thon is April 21st! It’s a time to put a dent in that TBR pile (yeah, that’s possible) and get your read on for a straight 24 hours. I’m signing up again. It’s a good way to force myself to sit down and read, uninterrupted (ok, with my family, that’s not likely, but I’ll try anyway).
I’ve convinced MamaMoon to sign up with me. We’re going to go through our Kindles and bookshelves to see what we need to read (pretty much everything, lol). I know for sure that I need to read all three books in The Hunger Games trilogy (I promised I’d read them before I see the movie). We’ll see what else I put on the list.
To sign up, click here. You don’t have to have a blog to participate.
If you don’t want to read but still want to participate, you can sign up to be a cheerleader.