Got a Review Request?
Hi! Remember me? Yeah, it’s MamaMia giving you a dose of Thursday 13! *throws confetti*
So I know that you’ve been waiting to hear from me for a while, and I’m sorry that I’ve been so MIA, but I have to tell you, SCHOOL is driving me up a wall! Really (and what else is new?).
Really, though, I’ve been taking a lot more classes this semester, an internship, my nifty a capella group, (so I can get my real life GLEE on), and a job, so my days are pretty jam-packed from sun up to sun down. But! I’ve decided to take a much needed break from all that to hop on my favorite thing in the world—MKR! I have three more weeks of school (two of those weeks are finals), so I’m in the home stretch.
SO, understandably, here’s 13 THINGS I WANNA DO ONCE THE SEMESTER IS OVER:
- Sleep. Just cause, you know, I miss it.
- Tackle my TBR pile. It’s about 47 books deep (at last count), and about 11 of those are requested MKR reviews. Also, if you’re an author, and you’ve asked me for a review, I haven’t forgotten about you, and I WILL review your book!
- Take better care of myself. I really want to like, take my vitamins, eat something that doesn’t come out of a vending machine.
- Have a drink. Cause after this semester, I kinda need one.
- Punch whoever Norton is in the face. Cause I’ve had to lug three Norton Anthologies (British Literature, Shakespeare, and African American Literature) around campus. And they’re huge and cumbersome.
- Buy some new clothes. So I’ve made some drastic changes and lost some weight, so now all of my clothes are hanging off me! So I’d like to take some time out and go shopping. Plus, I love shoes. So I really want some shoes.
- Use my brand-new Amazon Prime account. So, the S.O. bought me a year subscription for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I have YET to use it! I plan to add to my TBR pile.
- Figure out what grad schools I am applying to, and get crackin’ on applications. This is an ongoing process, and changes as I decide if I want to be a writer (MFA programs, then), a professor of African-American literature (an MA/PhD program, then), or a publisher (a certification/ MS/MA in publishing, then). I will say, the one thing that I’ve always wanted to be is an editor. So that’s something to think about.
- Figure out what my summer is gonna look like. So I’m GRADUATING *throws more confetti* in May, and depending upon a bunch of things, I may be spending my summer in Texas (working) or in New York (if I get accepted into this program. More on that later.) Either way, there’s Authors After Dark in Savannah, GA coming up in August, and I REALLY want to go (and see MK!).
- Buy a new computer. The one that I’m typing this blog post up on, my trusty Sony VAIO, is being held together by tape and a prayer. And while I love my computer, it’s just not gonna hang on for much longer. So, I need to research and buy another one. I’m trying to decide between a Macbook (pricey, and doesn’t come standard with Word, which is my life), and a Lenovo Ideabook (light and portable, durable, and/but…a PC).
- Read all of Paradise Lost. So, while I loooooove romance, I’m a total literature buff (at least, I’d like to think so), and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Milton. And next semester, I’m taking a class all. On. Paradise. Lost. *cue squeals and girly hand flapping NOW*. I read about 4 books of it over the summer for a British Literature survey class, but, obviously, it’s really long. And I’m the type of literature student who reads with pencil in hand and margin notes abounding, so it’s bound to be a long adventure.
- Set up my home-office. Because my desk is currently a coat rack. And that’s probably why nothing gets done around these parts.
- RELAX! I get less than a month off, so I’d like to be able to unwind. Maybe take a bubble-bath, drink some wine, listen to some music, and chill. Tis’ the season, y’all!
Lover Reborn was an auto-buy for me. How could it not be? It’s book 10 of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, one of my absolute favorite, and it tells the story of Tohrment, the once proud leader of the Brotherhood who is now a shadow of himself. I couldn’t put it down, glued to the pages from word one. As always, JR Ward had some of the most amazing lines and these are 13 of my favorite quotes.
1. “Our future has come.”
2. “Maybe all the chicky-chicky was just triggering my inner bitch for no good reason.”
3. “You know, I never thought there was an advantage to being blind. Or deaf. Or mute.”
4. “Text me when you want to see me again, he signed. I’m giving you your space, but know this: I will wait forever for you.”
5. “And if that bastard’s innocent,” Rhage spoke up, “I’m the fucking Easter bunny.”
“Oh, good,” someone quipped. “I’m calling you Hop-along Hollywood from now on.”
“Beasty Bo Peep,” somebody else threw out.
“We could put you in a Cadbury ad and finally make some money—”
“People,” Rhage barked, “the point is that he is not innocent and I’m notthe Easter bunny—”
“Where’s your basket?”
“Can I play with your eggs?”
“Hop it out, big guy—”
“Will you guys fuck off ? Seriously!”
6. “And love … love was worth dying for.
Worth living for, too.”
7. “My name’s Lassiter, and I’ll tell you all you need to know about me. I’m an angel first and a sinner second, and I’m not here for long. I’ll never hurt you, but I’m prepared to make you pretty goddamn uncomfortable if I have to, to get my job done. I like sunsets and long walks on the beach, but my perfect female no longer exists. Oh, and my favorite hobby is annoying the shit out of people. Guess I’m just bred to want to get a rise out of folks—probably the whole resurrection thing.”
8. “You almost died tonight, he wanted to say. You dumb son of a bitch, you nearly died … and then what would we have done?
And not ‘we’ as in the Brotherhood.
Not even ‘we’ as in he and John.
More like … ‘me’.”
9. “From one king to another, know that I’m giving you the middle finger right now.” And he was, with a smile.”
10. “In the center was a tiny handprint in red paint.”
11. “Uh-huh, uh-huh, ohhhh, yeeeeeeeaaaah, who’s your daddy…”
12. “I am not worthy.” he said softly.
“Damn fucking straight,” someone growled.”
13. “Courtesy of their tempers, both were now dressed in the Captain Asshole costume—which included, for no extra charge, the cape of disgrace, the booties of shame, and keys to the Fuck Up mobile.”
And because this book was just THAT GOOD, you get more than 13 today.
14. His slut of a cousin, his cocksucking, suit-wearing, Montblanc-up-the-ass cousin Saxton the Magnificent, was standing next to the queen, looking like a combination of Cary Grant and some model in a goddamn cologne ad.
Not that Qhuinn was bitter.
Because the guy was sharing Blay’s bed.
Nope. Not at all.
With a wince, he thought maybe he should switch that insult to something a little farther away from what the two of them …
God, he couldn’t even go there. Not if he wanted to breathe.”
15. “When order in study was finally reestablished, Wrath looked downright nasty. “Next one of you mouthy assholes makes me pound my desk again, I’m throwing you the fuck out.” On that note, he reached down, picked up the cowering ninety-pounds retriever, and settled George in his lap. “You’re freaking out my dog and it’s pissing me off.”
16. “No one got forever. And it was a fucking crime to waste what you were given. “
Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been unrecognizable from the vampire leader he once was. Physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair, he has been brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel. Now, fighting once again with ruthless vengeance, he is unprepared to face a new kind of tragedy.
When Tohr begins to see his beloved in his dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld far from the peace and tranquility of the Fade—he turns to the angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. But because Lassiter tells him he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed….
Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past and a very hot, passion-filled future…but can his heart let go and set all of them free?
- Sold by: Penguin Publishing
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006LU0GYS
- Barnes & Noble
- JR Ward website