Review requests currently closed
There’s something about mythology from all cultures that captures everyone’s imaginations, so snuggle up by the fire and tell us a mythological tale — with a Torquere twist! For our Mythologically Torqued 2015 anthology, we’re looking for fully realized, romantic LGBT mythological tale interpretations. Make us laugh, make us cry, or surprise us and make us glow with happy endings!
Please send your 3000 -10,000 word submissions to email@example.com with “Mythologically Torqued” and your story title in the subject field. Please see our general submissions guidelines for formatting etc. Deadline for submission is February 15, 2015; all submissions will be held and reviewed after the deadline.
For Immediate Release
TORQUERE PRESS ANNOUNCES EXCITING CHANGES FOR 2015
(November 28, 2014) Torquere Press is preparing for big but exciting changes coming in the New Year.
Torquere Press, a royalty paying, full-service publisher of gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual romance, began in 2003. The oldest ebook publisher for the GLBT community, Torquere has published several best-selling authors such as Sean Michael, Julia Talbot, Chris Owen, BA Tortuga, and Kiernan Kelly.
Torquere publishes every genre of romance, from paranormal to western to sci-fi, as long as the main characters are GLBT. They have also expanded with Prizm, the first YA GLBT publisher and a subsidiary of Torquere Press, which began in 2008 and targets a young and new adult audience.
As of January 1st, 2015 there will be:
- Updated Ownership and Company Officers
- New Marketing Strategies and Ideas
- Increase of Social Media Presence
- Updated Submission Calls
- The Exploration and Addition of New Genres
- Continuing Success With Current Authors
- Expanding New Author Submissions
- Positive Steps Towards the Growing Demand for Romance
We are really excited for all of the positive changes headed in Torquere Press’s direction, and look forward to expanding and growing on this journey with all of you. We thank you for your years of support, and your encouragement towards all of the new exciting things that the future will bring!
Next year marks the beginning of a brand new con. At Reading Until Dawn, we won’t be sitting on panels or workshops. Instead, we’ll be hanging out with our favorite authors/bloggers/readers, playing games, talking books, building pillowforts (yes, we will have a legit pillow fort in the ball room!) and having a great time.
Here’s the best news: REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Early bird registration is $75 and will close on November 15th. After that, it’ll be $85.
- Welcome bag filled with swag and goodies
- Access to all games, events, and author chats throughout the weekend
- One meal (lunch on Friday)
- Opportunity to participate in field trips in Denver with participating Featured Authors or Bloggers. (Each field trip will have additional costs. The costs will vary, depending on the excursion, and will be determined by myself and the Featured Author hosting the field trip.)
- Access to evening events inside the hotel (all non-field trips)
- Access to the book signing on Saturday. (The book signing will be open to the public, with a $5 cover.)
- Darynda Jones (the lovely and fabulous emcee of the event!)
- Brooklyn Ann
- Aidy Award
- Tessa Bailey
- Candace Blackburn
- Tonya Burrows
- Randi Cooley Wilson
- Avery Flynn
- DelShree Gladden
- Jess Haines
- Megan Hart
- Elise Hepner
- Jeffe Kennedy
- Selena Laurence
- Jenn LeBlanc
- Heather Lire
- Paige Prince
- Aaron Michael Ritchey
- Cynthia St. Aubin
- Amanda Strong
- Holley Trent
- Jenny Trout
- Gail Wagner
Featured Bloggers include:
While the Featured Author and Blogger lists are filling up fast, they’re by no means completely full. If you’re interested in attending RUDC as a Featured Author or Blogger, please click the links below and fill out the form.
Ready to register? You can click on the RUDC logo, click on either of the links above where I talk about Registration, or CLICK HERE.